I am really happy with my 2020 van improvements.
- Storage cabinet
- More lights
- Rewired electrical
- Medicine cabinet
- Kitchen light
- Reflexit for windows
- 3 way light switch
- Over the bed entertainment
I decided to go camping with Ollie to try things out. This would be his first camping trip ever.
Once we parked and started setting things up I Immediately realized I didn’t consider Ollie’s needs when I built my van.
Like his favorite toy, Oink Oink the pig or the blanky, his favorite blanket. I also had no place to store dog food, toys, or snacks.
- It was soooooooo dark out I couldn’t see my hands in front of me. I need to purchase a L.E.D Work/Spot light for off road. One on each side of the van. I can install a switch on my control panel that would control the lights.
- My new awning needs lighting as well. I’m thinking of LED strip lights powered using my portable inverter or 12 volt hookup to the van.
- Extend the bed. Ollie sleeps really crazy. I got probably 4 hours of sleep with him pushing me to the edge and kicking me. So I’m gonna build a folding (suitcase type) bed extension. When not in use, it will fold and go under the bed.
- Storage (plastic) sterilite storage bin that slides under the bed.
- It was cold at night with the vents left open on both back windows. The reflexit worked for one window, I need to make one to cover the kitchen window.
- When I turned my kitchen light on, little tiny bugs, not really visible to the eye got through the vent screen. It did keep the mosquitoes out and larger bugs. I guess this is a non-issue if I use reflexit to cover them at night.